re: Obamacare could mean free PR for your business
7 Ways to Use Obamacare to Get Clients for YOUR Business
by Tammy de Leeuw
1. Are you a good speaker? Then take the Obamacare Bootcamp (anyone can use this information), read as much about the Affordable Care Act as possible and start offering to speak. You can speak at senior groups, civic and service organizations, and professional associations. Email query or write an offer to speak for free in your local area. Be sure your speech does not get too political or theoretical, but instead focuses on the FACTS about Obamacare. Watch the webinar we did recently and you will get an idea of the kind of speech you should write and deliver.
2. Write and publish a free report on Obamacare basics that you can offer online and offline to people who opt in to your list.
3. Offer a free workshop at your place of business. Bring in an Obamacare expert to present solutions and practical advice to your customers.
4. Research and publish a blog dedicated to the Affordable Care Act. Example: www.obamacareamplified.com
5. If you are an insurance agent or financial advisor with some knowledge of healthcare insurance and benefits, offer to do a free insurance audit for your clients. Provide solutions to saving money if they choose to offer health insurance.
6. Start offering medical access/discount cards to your clients. These plans, while not insurance, do provide access to telemedicine. Access to primary care doctors will be harder and harder to obtain once Obamacare is fully in play. Having a licensed, board-certified doctor you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week will be invaluable. In most states, anyone can offer these plans, since they are not considered insurance. Be sure to get one of these plans for yourself. You will be glad you did!
7. Let local media outlets know that you are an EXPERT. Get invited to speak on radio, television, and as a guest blogger or columnist. Not only will this cement your position as the local go-to person on the Affordable Care Act, but you will also create some content you can use on your website or blog. Here is an example:
Millions of dollars is being spent on Obamacare publicity, but if you play your cards right, you can get some of that good press for YOUR business. for free.